آموزش زبان انگلیسی دوره دبیرستان
**** دبیر را با خود به خانه ببریم ****
Aerobic = (exercise) done to increase the amount of oxygen in the body
agree with = be of the same opinion
alive = living; in existence
ankle = joint connecting the foot with the leg
basis = the central and most important part of sth
be fit =be the right size and shape
bend = (cause to) move away from an upright or straight position
blood = red liquid flowing through the body
bone = any of the hard parts in the body that form the skeleton
bother = cause trouble or annoyance
brain = organ in the body that controls thoughts and feelings
breathe = take air into the lungs and send it out again
carry =take from one place to another
chemical = substance; relating to chemistry
chest = upper front part of the body
club =building where group of people meet for sport
compare = find the difference and similarities
comparison = likeness when compared with; similarities & differences between things
condition = situation
create = cause to exist; produce; make
define = give the meaning of; explain exactly
details = small particular facts or items
develop = grow or bring to a more advanced stage
discuss =talk about
efficiently = well
endorphin =chemical occurring in the brain that causes happiness
excellent = very good
explain = make (sth) clear
extra = more than needed, more than enough .
fat = yellow substance under the skin
fear = the feeling you get when you are afraid; be afraid
flexible =easily changed without breaking
focus = center of attention; concentrate on
fresh = new
fuel = material burned to produce heat
function = operate; work
general = affecting all or most; not detailed
get into sth = start sth
habit = person's usual action or behavior
hardworking = working very hard
harm = damage; injury
health = state of being well
heart = organ inside the body that sends blood all over the body
hill = area of high land; raised part of the earth's surface
in addition = besides; as well
in other words = said in a different way
increase = become greater in number; rise
injury = harm, damage
joint = place where two bones meet
keep in shape = not lose the shape
keep safe = protect
key word = very important word
knee = the place where the legs bend
lift = raise to a higher level
link = relate; relation
lose weight = (of a person) become lighter
lung = the two breathing organs in the chest
material = substance of which a thing is made
mind =way of thinking; mental ability
notice = see; observe
nutrient =substance needed for life and growth
object = thing (that can be seen or touched)
on your own = by yourself
organ = part of the body that has a special purpose
over and over = many times
partner = person who takes part in an activity with others
physical education=training and practice in sports
pick up = lift sth; raise
protect = keep safe (from harm, injury)
pump =force to move in a special way
quality =standard of goodness; characteristic
reason = cause; fact that explains why sth happens
reasonable = right; wise; fair
regularly = repeatedly at times
release =set free
rely on = depend on
repetitive = having repeated actions
rest = period of being asleep or not active
restate = state again or in a different way
skin = outer covering of the body
skull=bony framework of the head
slip = lose one's balance slightly
stairs = series of steps between floors
store = collect and keep
straight =not bent
stretch = make wider, longer by pulling
support = help
trouble =pain or difficulty
unfamiliar = not well known
vessel = tube that carries liquid through body
1. Only some of the students in this high school are interested in ---------part in regular English exams ..
1) take 2)took 3) taken 4) taking
2.Most of the students are still doing the scientific experiments while the best one has finished ---------- it.
1) done 2) doing 3)did 4) to do
3. About all of us believe that it is impossible for a blind person ……… a busy street .
1) to cross 2) crossing 3) cross 4) crossed
4. Is it safe to swim in this part of the river ? “ ………. here is really dangerous . “
1) To swim 2) Swam 3) Swum 4) Summing
5. If the teacher …………… something , he/she makes it clear .
1) agrees with 2) worries about 3) explains 4) increases
6. "Physical exercise can .......... you against heart disease," the doctor said.
1) forbid 2) protect 3) develop 4) avoid
7. The farmer said, "This soil is very good for plants. It's full of..........."
1) organs 2) nutrients 3) objects 4) signals
8. Two hours after the accident he was OK. His breathing was slow and ...........
1) terrible 2) actual 3) injured 4) regular
9. The joint that is connecting the food to the leg is called …………. .
1) heart 2) vessel 3) ankle 4) skull
10. The footballer missed several games because of...........
1) activity 2) bother 3) shape 4) injury
11. That restaurant's food is healthy because they have a high standard of.......... there.
1) cleanliness 2) protection 3) definition 4) support
12.If you do something over and over , you do it …………….
1)no time 2) less time 3) sometimes 4) many times
13. Using those chemicals has done a lot of.......... to the fish in the sea.
1) material 2) increase 3) harm 4) function
14. Many working mothers .......... on the grandparents to help take care of their children.
1) compare 2) express 3) rely 4) link
15. I love running, swimming, and other kinds of .......... exercises that make you breathe faster.
1) flexible 2) aerobic 3) formal 4) interested
16. Mother says she's bored with the .......... housework like washing and cleaning.
1) surprising 2) flexible 3) amusing 4) repetitive
17. Our old way of doing things is not good enough. We need some .......... ideas.
1) familiar 2) useless 3) fresh 4) confusing
18. If we ………….. two things , we consider them and try to find the find the difference and similarities
1) compare 2) discover 3) support 4) connect
19. Be .......... - you can't expect her to do all the work on her own.
1) general 2) reasonable 3) familiar 4) efficient
20. Your ………… is an organ in the body that controls your thoughts and feelings
1) skull 2) ankle 3) heart 4) brain
21. It is right the time that you get into it and explain what the hear is . “ Get into “ means
1) mention 2) define 3) start 4) express
22. This research tries to .......... children's bad behavior to the films on TV.
1) express 2) explain 3) relate 4) describe
23. The two countries reached a(n) .......... agreement to help each other when at war.
1) surprised 2) harmful 3) amused 4) formal
24. "How much does it cost to .......... the club?" I asked.
1) store 2) mention 3) join 4) refer
25. In a formal........... she said she was going to leave her job.
1) relation 2) statement 3) object 4) proportion
Find this and other readings exercises in English Exercises .org Sumo Wrestling: Reading and Listening Comprehension, by Judit Jékel
Find this and other sports exercises in English Exercises .org ´And Europe´s Worst Linguists Are…´ (Author-Bouabdellah), by Bouabdellah
Find this and other readings exercises in English Exercises .org
|[ طراحی : میهن اسکین ] [ Weblog Themes By : MihanSkin]|