آموزش زبان انگلیسی دوره دبیرستان
**** دبیر را با خود به خانه ببریم ****
All the useful energy at the surface of the earth comes from the activity of the sun. The sun heats and feeds mankind. Each year it provides men with two hundred million tons of grain and nearly ten million tons of wood. Coal, oil, natural gas, and all other fuels are stored - up energy from the sun.Some was collected by this season's plants as carbon compounds. Some was stored by plants and trees ages ago.
Every waterpower derives from the sun. Water turned into vapor by the sun falls as rain. It courses down the mountains and is converted to electric power.
Light transmits only the energy that comes from the sun's outer layers, and much of this energy that is directed toward the earth never arrives. About nine - tenths of it is absorbed by the atmosphere of the earth. In fact the earth itself gets only one half - billionth of the sun's entire output of radiant energy.
A. Check the correct choice:
1. All the useful energy at the surface of the earth comes ........................
a. directly from the sun
b. from the sun's activity
from energy stored by the sun
d. from radiation of the sun
2. For mankind, the sun is the source of ……..
a. solar activity b. all heat c. all food d. both b & c
3. Radiant energy is stored as carbon compounds by ........................ .
a. plants b. coal, oil, and natural gas c. inflammable substances d. rain
4. The sun's energy indirectly provides the earth with ........................ .
a. fuels b. waterpower c. light d. both a & b
5. The largest part of the radiant energy directed toward the earth is ........................ .
a. stored by the current season's
b. turned into fuel
c. absorbed by the earth's
d. used for electric power
6. Of the sun's entire output of radiant energy, the earth receives
Find this and other readings exercises in English Exercises .org Sumo Wrestling: Reading and Listening Comprehension, by Judit Jékel
Find this and other sports exercises in English Exercises .org ´And Europe´s Worst Linguists Are…´ (Author-Bouabdellah), by Bouabdellah
Find this and other readings exercises in English Exercises .org
|[ طراحی : میهن اسکین ] [ Weblog Themes By : MihanSkin]|