آموزش زبان انگلیسی دوره دبیرستان
**** دبیر را با خود به خانه ببریم ****
a) fill in the blanks with these words : ( 3 )
procedure-environment-climate-exercise-forecast- predict- result
1- Regular ------------------- is good for heart.
2- Nobody can ---------------------- where and when an earthquake will happen .
3- Human beings are greatly influenced by the --------------------in which they live .
4 - The weather ------------------- said that it would snow today .
5- Many ----------------- scientists think that there is another reason for the change in climate .
6- I’ve decided to get a new passport but I don’t know the ------------------- .
B - Find the meaning of the words given . (3)
1) fuel ( ) a- move something with a sound .
2) rattle ( ) b-find the place of .
3) distract ( ) c- be made from .
4) locate ( ) d-material burnt to produce energy .
5) injuries ( ) e- take somebody’s attention away from sth
6) region ( ) f- physical harm to sth .
c) Choose the best Choice : ( 1 )
1) When you exercise your body can --------------- endorphins .
a- release b- realize c- raise d- rely
2) One of the most important functions of our heart is ------------------ blood .
a- increasing b- decreasing c- melting d- pumping
a) Choose the best choice : ( 2 )
1)It was ------ interesting story that I read it twice .
a- so b- too c- such an d- very
2 ) These are the pictures ------------- two days ago .
a- taken b- taking c- were taken d-are taking
3) He didn’t let the children -------------- in the yard . .
a- played b- to play c- playing d- play
4) We didn’t go on a picnic ------------- it was very cold .
a- whether b-as c- though d- for
b) Rewrite the following sentences with the words given : ( 2 )
1) The box was very heavy . I couldn’t carry it . ( such )
2) The men that were employed yesterday are all here .
c) Put the given words in the correct order : ( 2 )
1) helped – a shirt – me – to choose- my brother .
2) expensive – the car – too – was – to buy – me - for .
C ) RANKING
Put the following sentences in order and make a meaningful paragraph. ( 2/5 )
( ) Most children are flexible.
( ) so it is important to exercise when you are still young to stay flexible..
( ) But as people get older , they usually get less flexible .
( ) Can you touch your toes easily ?
( ) which means that they can bend and stretch their bodies easily
D ) Cloze Passage : Fill in the blanks with the best choice ( 3 /5)
happen every day. Though millions of people may never ---1--- an earthquake, it
is a very common happening on this ---2---. So today, somewhere, an earthquake
will occur. It may be so ---3--- that only special instruments can record its
movement; it may ---4--- houses, rattle windows,
It is thought that about 700 shocks each year have this power when they occur in a populated area. Luckily, most of these ---6--- earthquakes occur in less populated places. ---7--- a large number of the world's earthquakes each year occur along the Pacific Ocean, this is the most probable area for today's earthquakes.
1- a-see b-experience c-predict d-produce
2- a-moon b-star c-planet d-sun
3- a-dangerous b-light c-strong d-destructive
4- a-change b-locate c-trap d-shake
5- a- to destroy b- to change c- to cause d- to survive
6- a-repetitive b-destructive c-predictive d-attractive
7- a-whether b-although c- as if d-since
: Read The following text and choose the best choice (5
People in different countries and different parts of the world eat
different kinds of foods. Foods are prepared, cooked, and eaten in different
kinds of ways. People also eat at different times of the day.
1. The main idea of this passage is that ..........
a) different people eat differently
b) different ways of preparing foods are known to man
c) people are different and eat differently
d) there are different kinds of foods
2. In different parts of the world, people ..........
a) continue to find different foods
b) eat different foods at different times
c) eat similar foods at the same time
d) prepare foods to be eaten by others
3. Scientists believe that ..........
a) how people eat food is very important
b) the way people eat and the time of their eating is important
c) the way people cook or prepare their food is important
d) what people eat during a day is very important
4. In line 4 ” they” refers to .........
a) foods b) people c) scientists d) times a day
5) People in different places eat three or four times a day . ( True - False )
Find this and other readings exercises in English Exercises .org Sumo Wrestling: Reading and Listening Comprehension, by Judit Jékel
Find this and other sports exercises in English Exercises .org ´And Europe´s Worst Linguists Are…´ (Author-Bouabdellah), by Bouabdellah
Find this and other readings exercises in English Exercises .org
|[ طراحی : میهن اسکین ] [ Weblog Themes By : MihanSkin]|